[talks-uk] Re: Firmware Update

  • From: "Barbara Wilson" <barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 18:41:14 -0000

Carol

As the phone was just new to me and I hadn't really anything on it apart from
TALKS, I didn't back up. Naughty of me I know but as it turned out not
necessary.

I went to menu/tools/utilities/device manager. It gave me my software version
and I think I pressed options and there was an option to check for updates. I
can't remember the precise steps, but TALKS talked me through it, asking if I
wanted to update, what connection point to use and so on.

When it was finished the phone restarted and everything, including TALKS, was
still there.

If you do have this option on your phone, perhaps it would be best to back up
just in case it doesn't work as mine did and you'll come after me with a big
stick!

It was as simple as that and no scary PC Suite!

Barbara Wilson
M: 07917710779
T: 02887784046
E: barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx