[studiorecorder] Re: I'm so frustrated with studio recorder, how can I fix this problem?

  • From: "Harry Brown" <wd8oep2464@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 14:59:05 -0400

Hi Mary,
That's the problem, studio recorder has to convert a file, before editing it.
This is time wasting, really.
A user should be able to launch studio recorder, then, hit control o for open,
then, find an mp3 file and hit enter, and edit it, because you can do that with
wav files.
It's just rediculous.
Gold Wave has the same problem with files as well. I thought I'd try it, the
other night, but that thing had to decode a file.
Folks, if someone had a job, and they had to use studio recorder, their job
wouldn't get done very fast.
I'm just saying, any studio recorder user, should be able to click on an mp3
file, and edit it, just like they can a wav file.
This is something that needs to be done.
Oh well, maybe the bookport desktop will do this, because it lets you record in
wav, wma, or mp3, so, if it will let the user record in those file types, we
should be able to edit those kind of files.
I think I'll just wait for the bookport desktop to come out.
Harry