[studiorecorder] Re: I'm so frustrated with studio recorder, how can I fix this problem?

  • From: Mary Emerson <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 11:33:28 -0700

Harry,

You're confusing us; it's hard to figure out whether you're in studio recorder when you find the .wav file, or if you're in studio recorder and you find an MP3 file. Or are you looking at a file in a file list, outside studio recorder, and want to convert it? if you're in Studio Recorder and want to save a .wav file as an MP3 file, you can export it as MP3; the word is export, not save. To get to the export dialog, press alt, arrow down to export as mp3, and press enter.

If you have an mP3 file and want to convert it to .wav, there is third-party software, such as switch, that can convert file formats. Or, if you're in studio recorder and want to bring in an mp3 file to edit, use import, or control-i. It will take a while because studio recorder has to convert the mp3 file to .wav before it can work with it.

Mary