Re: [steem] STE DMA sound replay rate

  • From: "Steem Authors" <steem@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <steem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 18:24:16 +0100

Hi,

> Why this STE DMA sound is not in stereo?
> You can try this in some tracker prg (for example Octalyser).
> I expect that sond come from far left (2 or more chanels) and from far
> right (another 2 or more chanels) ... If You understand me!

Yes it didn't work on my sound card either, but I assumed it was because I'm
not set up for stereo. I tried my best to make it output in 2 channels,
followed what it said in the docs, does it work for anyone?

> BTW are is posible to emulate hardware of STE DMA sound...
> I mean bass and other stuff STE have.

At the moment it isn't looking likely, we have no idea how it was done! If
it is any more than incredibly simple it could be slow too.

Sincerely,
Russell Hayward

--
Steem - http://www.blimey.strayduck.com/