Re: [steem] STE DMA sound replay rate

  • From: "Steem Authors" <steem@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <steem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 17:32:43 +0100

Hi Ryan,

> Hehe, don't you mean filtering, and not antialiasing?

Oh yeah, I always get things like that wrong. :)

> Steem seems to do bilinear filtering in a window and
> full screen for me when I tell it to stretch (looks
> like you're using SetStretchBltMode(HALFTONE) to me).
> It might be the video driver just feels like doing it
> when it's not a multiple of two, so it doesn't get the
> nearest neighbor ugliness.

It seems totally up to the driver whether filtering is performed or not,
seems to be about 50% do and 50% don't. It is quite funny that I could do
this using the GDI with StretchBlt and SetStretchBltMode but it seems
impossible using DirectDraw. :)

> The flags you were looking at relate to 3D texturing,
> but the antialiasing aspect.  And they only apply to
> the back buffers as you cannot render 3D directly to
> the primary surface.  If you really want to use the 3D
> card to draw the ST display as a texture onto a
> backbuffer then blt it to the display that's up to
> you.  See 'IDirect3DDevice8::SetTextureStageState',
> D3DTSS_MAGFILTER, and D3DTEXTUREFILTERTYPE.
> D3DTEXF_LINEAR is what you're looking for.  I don't
> think it'd be worth the hassle though!

Yes, thanks for saving me all that time testing it! I don't want to start
fiddling with 3D stuff really, it seems so stupid for a 2D emulator to
require a 3D card. :)

Cheers,
Russ

--