[sparkscoffee] Re: The Executive

  • From: "schalestock@xxxxxxxx" <schalestock@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: sparkscoffee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 11:57:47 GMT

Stanley,

Let me clear something up for you. My position during the election was NOT
shutting down the ARA. It was intended to PROTECT our members that were brass
pounders only. (I believe you were in that category?)   With the arrival of
GMDSS, even Steinberg saw the hand writing on the wail., I believe his intent
was to eliminate the code license requirement in order to bring in competent
electronic technicians, thus presenting the companies with a reason to renew
our contract.

What I was advocating was to give the brass pounders the option to take an
early and full retirement. The pension plan at that time certainly had the
assets to accomplish this and, had I been elected I would have seen to it that
these members were fairly treated.  In addition we would have remained with the
MMP.   As you may (or may not) recall, I had an excellent  relationship with
Tim Brown, his full support during the election,  and had his promise of full
support of the ARA membership when negotiating with the companies.

This would have been a win win for the entire ARA membership  - including those
that were not the competent technicians required for the new GMDSS. environment.

JS
Start Taxes for FREE
TaxSlayer.com. Fast, Secure and Always Accurate. Start for Free today.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/511e22f9d0bed22f95624st04vuc