[SI-LIST] Re: surface roughness

  • From: <colin_warwick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 16:45:14 -0700

Hi Scott,

No worries. I guess we'll just have to agree to differ. We couldn't get a good
correlation with Hammerstadt using measured microscopic parameters, which
suggest to me at least that any macroscopic fit is fortuitous.

"The best model for a cat is a cat. Preferably the same cat."

Rosenblueth and Wiener, The Role of Models in Science. Philos Sci.
1945;12:316-321.

;-)

Cheers,

-- Colin