[SI-LIST] Re: surface roughness

  • From: "Stefan Milnor" <stefan.milnor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <colin_warwick@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 16:37:20 -0800

Hi Colin

Thanks for the reference. I took a 10 minute diversion to check it out.
The article concludes as follows:

"This  ideal  theoretical  model  cannot  probably  be  achieved.
Partial  models,
imperfect  as  they  may  be,  are the  only  means  developed  by
science for under-
standing  the  universe."

Alas, we usually have to make do with imperfect cat models. But they can
still be useful.

Back to my day job -

Stefan