[SI-LIST] Re: Damping of Cavity-Mode Resonances in PCB

  • From: "Oprea, Dorin (Dorin)" <dorin.oprea@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Cristian Gozzi <cristian.gozzi@xxxxxxxxx>, Brad Brim <bradb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 08:39:51 -0600

Hi Cristian,

I think this is a system grounding problem. Follow up the current return path
between the digital and analog circuitry; check for differential mode current
path and also for the common mode current path, the later is supposed to close
through the frame ground of the system. Does the backplane have frame ground
shielding?

Good luck,
Dorin