[SI-LIST] Re: Damping of Cavity-Mode Resonances in PCB

  • From: Cristian Gozzi <cristian.gozzi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Brad Brim <bradb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 18:51:00 +0100

Hi folks
thanks to everybody for your feedback

Let me describe better my application!

I have a backplane with one Digital_GND over one Analog_GND

of course these 2 nets are separated each others, but due to big plane
shape dimension I got resonance modes starting from 220 MHz

I don't think I can use decoupling capacitor in this case, so I guess I can
only work with plane shape dimension and dielectric thickness

My idea is to move/shift at higher frequency these modes.
I don't want to couples these low frequency modes to digital signals that
operates at 400-800 Mbps

Thanks for any further comments

Regards
Cris