[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: gas prices and showing

  • From: grnram415@xxxxxxx
  • To: pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 17:25:35 -0400

$3.53 per gallon?? Wow!? Haven't seen that here in months.? I paid $3.98 last
week and couldn't fill the tank before they shut of my credit card ($75.00
limit)? My tank was at over a quarter tank when I filled it.? Yikes!?
Showing for me this year will mean taking?one or two?dogs in the truck to local
shows and only using the RV for the Nationals or a REALLY important (read large
entry) show.??I will have to?do some serious planning on which shows I can have
a vendor booth and show dogs and make everything at least break even.? Some
shows are better than others for both and I will really have to decide which
shows to stop doing.? For folks who go to AB shows and stay in their RV's, the
cost of electricity hook-ups has gone up as well as the parking fees.? In CA,
we sure need that hook-up for AC to protect our dogs from the heat.? Another
thing in which we have no control.??

I got my RV to save the cost of hotels.? I thought it would be more cost
efficient.? It was, in the beginning.? Now, it costs more per night than a
hotel.? The only difference is that I don't have to lug crates and dogs in/out
of a room on the 3rd floor.???

It's all a trade-off.??As much as I want to support as many clubs as I can with
entries, I?know I will have to let some entries go to be able to afford
others.? I am sure waiting for that winning Lottery ticket, LOL!

Laura????