[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: gas prices and showing

  • From: "Michael Lynch" <blackhawkfarmsllc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <texasgsds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 10:42:34 -0700

Hi Jim,
As an all breed handler, we are definately feeling it. I have had clients
who inquire about the expenses being more than the actual handling fee. It
has definately cut out some of the shows I would normally drive to with a
string of dogs from CA (namely Colorado, Idaho, Washington state and Texas)
to remaining local even when the judging panel are not as great.

Its a catch 22. In the old days, your top priority special dictated where
you would go, nowadays, many factors  have to be considered before I will up
and fly somewhere with a few.  I think its a balancing act trying to keep
EVERYONE pleased, a special ranked, and expenses, of course, low.

(an people wonder why Im going grey) <g>

Mike Lynch