[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: gas prices and showing

  • From: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>, <Gsdjudge@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <sally@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 12:50:48 -0400

Even going to the grocery store is a shock...scallions were, just a month
ago, 2 bunches and sometimes three, for a dollar...yesterday they were $1 a
bunch!
   Everything costs more because it costs more to get the stuff to the
stores.........this applies to dog food as well as people food...how those
New Jersey shows next week got such huge entries I'll never know.
   Not that anyone on this list cares, but consider, for example, that if an
all breed show the terrier entry is around 125, the club will think it won
the Mega Million Lottery.  There are over 500 terriers entered at Trenton!!!
There have to be some multi-millionaires out there somewhere, and apparently
they are all showing dogs in New Jersey!  Some of our local all breeds have
had difficulty getting even 500 in total!
        For the Shepherd specialty clubs who can pull majors with dogs to
spare, congratulations!  I think the cost of gas is going to make most of us
stay close to home.  As for myself, I don't go anywhere unless someone else
is driving.  I don't mind contributing to the cost of gas and tolls, but go
by myself?  No way, Jose!
      Peggy