[ SHOWGSD-L ] Weather

  • From: "Alycia Partei" <frontiergsd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 15:23:26 -0800

I don't know about snow in N. California, but here in N. Nevada we are full
up with snow and more is coming down as I type.  We had 1.78" of
precipitation yesterday in just a few hours.  It is a record for one day.
After a horrendous amount of rain - We have 8-10" of snow with 1.5' drifts
around in spots.  Mainly where I had to walk the horses of course:)

We bought a barn a couple of years ago and just now had the finances to put
it up.  So that was my Christmas present and many for years to come:)  I was
able to spend several hours putting horses out and cleaning up the barn for
the first time this weekend.

My favorite part was having my Cassie with me. She helped me with the horses
(she herds GREAT!) and then helped me with clean up (YUK!)<LOL>  Then she
laid down and just watched over me - if I moved to a different stall so
would she and just lay and watch me.

Like I said - I want dogs - horses are too much work<G>

Alycia - who is back stuck in the house...