[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Weather??

  • From: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx
  • To: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 09:13:28 EST

In a message dated 1/30/2008 6:49:03 A.M. Central Standard Time,
InquestGSD@xxxxxxx writes:
I just  saw the waterfalls in MN frozen...........yup, Puerto Rico sounds
perfect just about now....<G>

Yep-- dropped to 15 below last night ,wind chill minus 35. First time  the
house started thumping and cracking at night this winter. My house cat  was
restless all night long. Supposed to last until the weekend We've had
relatively
mild winters the last several years--making up for it now.  50  yrs ago when I
moved to my present home it was the normal thing to have the  first 3 weeks
in Jan stay between minus 30 and minus 50. And I had my heated  kennel building
to go out to take care of 14 GSDs, before going  to work  Snowmobile suit and
boots over my night gown,shovel thru gate  and kennel door,into my nice warm
kennel,feed water,and exercise  dogs --this at 5AM--back into house
,shower,dress and off to work And I  never though anything about it--because I
was 32
--so young--and you can do  anything at that age <G>
Helen Miller Fisher