[ SHOWGSD-L ] Weather

  • From: ParavelGS@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (showlist)
  • Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 15:23:31 +0000

Almanya says:

"Oh well lets all think positive...............we can fall prey to the
elements anywhere. We heard hurricanes, earthquakes, volcanos, tornados,
hail storms so a little blizzard isn't going to get us diehards down!!!!!!
I hope the rental cars come with chains on the tires :o)
Just please have some heat in the arena to a fair temperature and a heated
room for the dinner and i am game!  And I'm from Florida yikes!!

Amy Safdir"

YEA Amy!!!  I think German Shepherd people are some of the toughest and most
resilient!  I have been to outdoor shows in snowstorms, rain, sleet, almost
every weather situation except hurricane and earthquake.  Those that want to
show will be there!!! This show will be held in a beautiful building that is
heated, has a huge wash area for the animals with overhead heaters so you won't
even freeze while washing your dogs if it is cold outside.  There is absolutely
no guarantee about the weather anywhere in the world!!!  There are reasons why
we have the nationals when we do, when the board was here in Fort Collins there
was a big discussion as to when to hold it.  The week chosen was trying to
accomodate the schedule at The Ranch, and to not step on the specialty clubs
and their show schedules, and also to try to have it at a time when the weather
would be good here in Colorado.  Its always a gamble... I have lived in
Colorado 30 years and rarely do we have big storms this earl
 y.  On
 the Today show they were talking about the storm and stated it was one of the
biggest that the state has had in YEARS for this time of the year.  So unusual
things happen.  We never wish away snow, it is our biggest supplier of water
for the state... so many people are thrilled for the storm.  If you make the
decision to not come to colorado next year based on the snowstorm that we have
had this week, well thats just sad!  Amy, I can't wait to see you again  NEXT
YEAR in COLORADO!!!

Sheri Chambers