[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Weather

  • From: RihadinK9@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 20:16:20 EDT

In a message dated 10/12/2005 9:59:38 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx writes:
Instead  of all this worry lets tell some stories about showing  our dogs
under  incredible conditions, I know you all have at least  one !!

In fact I do.... it was May 18th, 1980... a Sunday.  The day was  beautiful
that morning. Sunny and clear... I can't even remember the name of the  show
now, but that was the day Mt St Helens erupted.  It was a mess - ash  all over
everything and everyone.  Lots of vehicles that wouldn't even  run.

I also remember the day a month later.  That was the second major
eruption... I was on my way to work at the dog track with a truck load of
Greyhounds.
About two minutes before the eruption the dogs ALL started howling  and going
nuts. Shortly after that I had to pull off the road because the road  was not
staying beneath my truck!

Ginger  Cleary, Rome, GA
"Those who desire to give up freedom in  order to gain security, will not
have, nor do they deserve, either one."  Benjamin Franklin.
_http://www.rihadin.com_ (http://www.rihadin.com/)