[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Weather

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: ParavelGS@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 09:58:40 EDT

In a message dated 10/12/2005 9:28:28 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
ParavelGS@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Instead  of all this worry lets tell some stories about showing our dogs
under  incredible conditions, I know you all have at least one !! I remember  sh
ows in Oklahoma where it was raining/sleeting and so cold I had to put  socks
on my hands to try to keep warm as I didn't prepare for it. The ground  was
so cold the water wasent soaking in and was just a big puddle to stand  in.  By
the sunday it was snowing and I was praying my flight would get  out before
they cancelled it.  But what a fun show it was, no one was  complaining we all
just talked about dogs and betting on the horse races in  the bar!!

A little more than a year ago, I was with Mattie for a Sunday show in  the
middle of PA.  It rained and rained and the grounds were  underwater.  The show
chair had a tractor hired to pull out vehicles sunk  up to running boards. It
was so muddy under the grooming tent those waterproof  shoes that look like
clogs kept getting stuck and pulled off my feet so I  changed to a pair of
loafers and could feel the mud oozing through in no  time.  YUCK!  The night
before
the show folks had spread straw on the  rings and birds were attracted to
whatever seeds were left in it.  There  were thousands of geese in the rings as
we walked over.  NOT good w/ a  herding dog, lol:))))  I heard the judge
instruct the handlers "just do  what you can and don't anybody get hurt).  I
bought
the win picture.   Mattie looks like she's been herding w/ muddy water
dripping off her  furnishings:)  My handler's outfit had seen better days,
lol:)))) I
was, of  course, in worse shape yet.  Mattie's a happy thing and I was
covered w/  muddy paw prints and "splats" of mud from when she would land after
leaping for  joy:))))

Kathy
three generations of Dual Titled Champions  live here!

visit _Pine Hill German Shepherd  Dogs_