[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Speaking of male dogs/Keeping a male?

  • From: grnram415@xxxxxxx
  • To: zrockenstein@xxxxxxxxx, ducksavsfan@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 15:46:14 -0400

I have had almost the same experience, always having bitches.? I have 2 boys
now, who don't get along, but we have worked that out by giving each his own
harem, LOL!? Boys seem to be more loving where the girls seem to be more
serious.? Then again, the boys won't sleep with me and the girls will.? Go
figure!? :-)? My intact male is not boraded when the girls come in season.?
They all have their own runs.? He will go off his food for a couple days, only
when his WOMAN is in full blown season.? Other than that and some whining and
acting like an idiot, it hasn't been a problem.? He and his wife sleep with me
at night.? When she is in season, he gets locked in the bathroom.? He sleeps
there anyway so he doesn't mind.? You should keep your boy.? I bet he would be
alot of fun for you.? ?

As for Tina's boy.? He just needs a bit of tough love during his macho time to
let him know who is in charge.? Been there, done that with my potentially dog
aggressive female.? She got past it and became the GSDCA Hero Dog Good Will
Ambassador for her therapy work.? She was my first potentially dog aggressive
dog (used to have Labs)? It was an eye-opener for me to have to deal with it.?
We had a couple serious talks but when she got past 18 mos old or so, it all
went away.? I would still never trust her with a loose bitch she doesn't know.?
But, she is solid as a rock in controlled environments, like?competing,
training?or therapy work.? It's all about training and being in charge. JMHO

Laura Thomas?