[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Speaking of male dogs/Keeping a male?

  • From: "David Fritsche" <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: zrockenstein@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 12:35:03 -0700 (PDT)

>I am considering keeping my first male.  He is 3 mo old today.  Since I
also have two young bitches, this seems like a disaster waiting to
happen!  I have owned and raised many bitches.  Normally, I would not
keep a male.
> Zoa

I never kept a male either until about 30 years ago when Khi was born. I
realized one day that I was terrified each time someone came to pick out a
puppy, that someone would want Khi, so I took him out of the pack and made
the decision, I would have a male.

I've always had a male since and don't think I'd be without one now!
Males are like men... They do not lift the seat, but they do lift their
leg. You can tell where they have eaten by the mess that they make. Male
dogs do not drink beer and watch football, but they do play ball and do
other equivilent things. They are a mess.

But they are usually more sensative than the female, will threaten to
fight and kill their oponent viciously, but actually never do, they act
secure and confidnet, but need lots of love and give a lot also.

We have had three males at our house for the last several years and they
are really no problem.... They are not in together though!

I really do like my boys!
Can you tell?
Dave