[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Rights and Wrong and in between

  • From: edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: scenecrest geo <scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 16:00:59 +0000 (UTC)

I enjoy listening to folks who have different views and opinions than I do (
which covers most of the human population) and I have always claimed that email
is a horrible form of communication which is perhaps the reason of most of the
list fights that Stormy tries so hard to prevent but Theresa I just did not
understand your last post.   Are you saying since all GSDs come from the same
source they are all doomed? You gave us a list of dogs who should not be in our
pedigrees is there a list of dogs in your opinion that SHOULD be in our
pedigrees.   I'm confused Ed

     ----- Original Message -----  From: Theresa-GSD Stolz-Scenecrest Farm
<scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx>  To: marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx,

  ducksavsfan@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  Sent: Fri, 28 Jun 2013
14:33:15 -0000 (UTC)  Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Rights and Wrong and in
between    Unless your GSD  you decide to breed does not carry the below GSD's
in their pedigree  there is no way to avoid the past as it will always repeat
itself.  As we all know these  dogs are repeated numerous times in our GSD's
pedigree.  It has nothing to do  with show dogs as every living GSD goes back
to the beginning of the breed if  there were no other breeds involved along the
line. It has everything to do with health  and sound temperament which you need
to avoid doubling-tripling up of GSD's that carried it on   through their genes
to present time. Even if you think you outcross does not make a difference
since you are  still linebreeding if these GSD's are in the background several
times.     In all these pedigrees I have with dogs passing away to
Hemangiosarcoma the below dogs  are in their pedigrees over and over again. The
males were also noted by others of  having dogs with other cancers, EPI,
Digestive-Bloat problems, Cryptorchidism.  Several of the below GSD’s had
fear aggression and unstable temperament issues too.  Rosel vom Osnabrücker
Land  Axel von der Deininghauser Heide  Utz vom Haus Schütting  Hussan vom
Haus Schütting  Klodo vom Boxberg  Erich von Grafenwerth  Alex vom
Westfalenheim       ________________________________   From: Carolyn Martello
   We will definitely inbreed occasionally and line breed a lot.  That does not
   mean we do it with no thought and no concern for happy healthy puppies!
When we decide on a line breeding or close breeding we are not burying our
heads in sand..though I do like to sit on a sandy beach....  ALSO....  *.  WE
have gotten more problems from outcrossing than line breeding.  *.  Line
breeding OR inbreeding does NOT cause 'problem' genes to develop.      IF you
are inbreeding and the problem is not there..inbreeding cannot      CAUSE the
problem!   You won't 'create' a problem with an inbreeding.        The problem
has to already be there.  *.  You can do a total outcross breeding and still
both parents can carry       the problem gene coming down from different lines
or dogs.        The gene is STILL THERE.  *.  You can look at a pedigree..know
there is a problem on one side because  of       a particular dog...breed to an
outcross because THAT dog or line is not  there      and STILL get the problem
through ANOTHER dog in the outcross pedigree  that       carries the same
problem.  ONE dog or ONE line is never the only  carrier!!        You are only
fooling yourself to think an outcross will solve it.   It  often       just
means "YOU don't know about it".....  *.  ALL lines carry problems.  You can
look at a pedigree and see a specific        problem known to be carried by one
of the relatives...it does NOT mean  your       Dam or Sire IS a CARRIER.  You
DO need to find that out if you are going  to       use them for breeding.  *.
Please don't tell me that ONLY outcross litters are the only healthy  pups
 going into homes or being used for breeding.    carolyn
marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx  www.marhaven.com