[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Rights and Wrong and in between

  • From: "Penny & Bill" <Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx>, <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <ducksavsfan@xxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 10:55:56 -0400

Very intelligent post, Theresa.  The problem today (and as far back as I can
remember) is that many people do not look far enough BACK in their pedigrees
to know what dogs/problems have been doubled/tripled upon.  Unless we
educate ourselves to understand what is there  (and I mean 10-15 generations
back) we will be repeating mistakes, unknowingly.  But it is our business to
KNOW!  How can we educate others if WE are ignorant?  Obviously we cannot.

Penny in NC
The Farm Dog Forever

Unless your GSDÂ  you decide to breed does not carry the below GSD's in
their pedigree
there is no way to avoid the past as it will always repeat itself.  As we
all know these
dogs are repeated numerous times in our GSD's pedigree.  It has nothing to
do
with show dogs as every living GSD goes back to the beginning of the breed
if
there were no other breeds involved along the line. It has everything to do
with health
and sound temperament which you need to avoid doubling-tripling up of
GSD's that carried it onÂ
through their genes to present time. Even if you think you outcross does not
make a difference since you are
still linebreeding if these GSD's are in the background several times.
In all these pedigrees I have with dogs passing away to Hemangiosarcoma the
below dogs
are in their pedigrees over and over again. The males were also noted by
others of
having dogs with other cancers, EPI, Digestive-Bloat problems,
Cryptorchidism.
Several of the below GSD’s had fear aggression and unstable temperament
issues too.
Rosel vom Osnabrücker Land
Axel von der Deininghauser Heide
Utz vom Haus Schütting