[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Pretty vs Correct

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 13:46:17 EDT

Well, I did it.   I did, indeed, post where I knew there would be immediate
negative reaction.   But, as I do sometimes, I wrote that I was writing my
opinion and would not go into a debate.   Even swallowed "that's utter
nonsense."
 and didn't respond.

I asked last week for those who have had their dogs progeny (or their dogs)
in various "working" fields to write me privately (or on list, but most wrote
privately).   There are lots (I wrote lots and lots in my post to that
list...that's pushing it) of CH sire/dams who progeny have contributed to
police work,
SAR, ranch work and more. Inbred/Linebred and all.    I am proud of our
American line show dogs (albeit improvement is always evolving and an issue).
love their looks, I love their movement and most of all I love their
temperament.   They can go out and work all day (yes, they can, if we need them
to do
so), or they can hang around the house (most of them:-), and just "hang out'

I especially love that the American (of course, I am including our Canadian
friends!) showline breeders have been serious in breeding better hips, and
working towards better health.   Sure, there are many out there who won't
divulge
health problems, missing teeth, litters of monorchids, temperament that is
scarey both aggressive and timid, etc., but for the main???   They care, and
they
try.    So being positive, with the glass half full,   I am proud to be a
part of you all...even though I won't breed anymore.   And I know that many,
many
more of our dogs COULD go out there and do the "work," but those that buy our
pups mostly want the same thing we did when we bought our first pup.    A
neat dog, a companion, and a dog we could live with, have fun with,   and have
part of our family.   And be gorgeous.   That's all.

Stormy

http://www.FairhopeGSD.com
Dogs love is different. It requires no return.

New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination.