[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Pretty vs Correct

  • From: gsd0110@xxxxxxx
  • To: jim_barnhart@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 12:03:19 -0400

Jim,
I am sure beauty is in the eye of the beholder.? But how can you say that a dog
who is incorrect is prettier that one who is correct?? I don't see it.? I love
GSD's and when I read our standard I see a beautiful animal in my minds eye.

For years some of our top handlers tried to pass off pretty as correct...
saying "Oh I KNOW he doesn't move like some of the great dogs in the past but
look how correct he is.? Well, as time marches on we see how correct that
actually is. I'll take the correct dogs because they can move and that is
pretty.

Gary Lewis