[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: MYCOPLASMA, AGAIN

  • From: "solanagsd" <solanagsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <Doctrcorgi@xxxxxxx>, "showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 21:28:19 -0800

Christine
The bitch of mine that got mycoplasma was a maiden...she was almost 5 years
old
NEVER a sick day in her life..the only time before this that she was off my
property was at 2 for her OFA's..We went to a show at the fairgrounds where
she passed her TC CGC & TDI..so stress related..don't think so. Had the
stud dog owner not required this test..I may have not known why she didn't
concieve and she would have ST this to him. Altho this is NOT the only way
to get this bacteria it can be passed from dog to bitch/bitch to dog. My vet
feels
she sniffed urine from an infected animal. We treated her for 21 days with
baytril
and she has since had four healthy litters of pups. Never testing positive
for
mycoplasma again. From your post I gather you would of pulled her from the
breeding program. What a tremendous loss that would have been..none of her
progeny are sickly and the bitch from her first litter was BIF-Midwest 2003.
I will continue to culture for this and follow my vets advice...who can
afford to have
their bitches miss after paying stud fees and perhaps shipping costs when
its
easily treated. JMHO
Deborah Gebhard
Solana Shepherds,MI