[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Let's all get real

  • From: Diane Wright <Diwri@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 23:04:13 -0400

"...We have the greatest breed in the entire world and there is much talk about
breeding for the total dog.  While we may not have the time or money to obtain
titles in several arenas with the same dog, the dog should be CAPABLE of doing
it....
...So now I've come back to my original point - a dog that meets the standard
should be able to do it ALL."

Good post Kelly! :-)

I think it comes down to what attribute(s) are you willing to skimp on, because
of the difficulty of
getting it all in one package.  It's challenging for a person to find a dog to
do more than one
activity/sport.  GSD owners aren't alone in this challenge, other breeds have
it too.
Except maybe the Foo-Foo breeds who only have to be cute & lap size.. whooops..
that's 2 attributes
in one package... never mind...
;-)

Diane