[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: How to keep a club from closing down

  • From: "Sally" <sally@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 14:03:41 -0600

In a message dated 1/11/2006 11:58:21 A.M. Central Standard Time,
sally@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
This is one of the problems with Futurity weeks.  They hurt  the  speciality
clubs-

sally
But it is more than that Sally.

Of course it is more then that  but we should not be hurting each other.
I have seen the clubs in this area drop their  fall shows and go to back to
back in the spring in hopes of getting a futurity.  We really lack fall
shows around here.  I have seen clubs change their dates and conflict with
other clubs in the same driving area.  Now add in the number of futurity
weekends we have and an awful of clubs are hurting.  Add this in with the
economy and   the fact we are all aging and it is no wonder clubs are going
under

sally