[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: How to keep a club from closing down

  • From: "Liane Fossland" <lfossland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "inquestgsd@xxxxxxx" <inquestgsd@xxxxxxx>, Scharo777@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 10:31:11 -0700

Hi Ileana and all,
I do understand the problem clubs have. Just like you said most all of the
clubs do. Lets just look at the SP Futurity for which I have been appointed
chair person. I have put a request on the list for pledges. I have not
received a single one. A guy just said he would talk with his club, don't
even remember his name right now. I have sent out numerous letters to
solicit for pledges. Zilch. The only time I got some response was at the
National where I literally went to see each person and got the pledge right
then and there. Even some of our own members are ignoring you. It's the
apathy that you see everywhere you go. I am not doing this for myself, I am
trying to make some money for our club, that's why I took this job.
So, if the Futurity does not get any support you can imagine how the
Specialties are struggling to make a go of it, or vice versa. I am really
disappointed.
Lee

Liane Fossland
Home of Ch. Donar, Loni,CD, Auburn, Kara Mia and Windy
www.steppenwindgsd.com

EarthLink Revolves Around You.

Club, to poll (via email would be good) the regional clubs and find out who
needs help.  People may be too busy with their life to even know how to go
about it......don't you think?  I don't know about others, but my life does
NOT revolve around club problems.......maybe I am the only one.  How about
a brief exchange between PC and clubs when renewing regional club
membership?  Something other than just an exchange of $$.  I believe there
is a committee who deals with regional clubs. This is a just a suggestion.
You can ignore it.  We all have a life, we are all busy, and so is everyone
else out there.

> The amount of private email I have from other club members who are
struggling leds me to believe we are all in trouble.  Having a club in
paper, where no one is doing anything except for one show a year, this does
not benefit the breed.  This mentality is what have people thinking, screw
it, I have no time for a beauty pageant.  Tell me how to have fun with my
dog.  That's what people want to know.

> Don't shoot the messenger <G>
>
> Ileana

Clubs  in
> need should reach out for help and let others know they are in need.
> Carol

original
kind
> are permitted without prior permission of the original author  AND of the

MANNER
> OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS PERMISSION
OF ALL
> PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN, AND
IS A