[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: How to keep a club from closing down

  • From: "MARGERY GOLANT" <mgolant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <almanya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <InquestGSD@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 12:45:37 -0500

Amy, you made a great points regarding both the List and the Parent =
Club.

Re the List - the Admins. have always intended that the List be a =
resource
to the Fancy - while the List is a private effort, and not part of the
GSDCA, it was created to be the network of the Fancy and, as we see it, =
the
Regional Clubs and the Parent Clubs ARE the backbone of the sport and of =
the
Fancy.  So, by definition, we want to do everything in our power to =
support
them.  We encourage the Regional Clubs to use Showgsd-l to promote their
shows, events, membership drives, etc.  Those Clubs who have done that
credit Showgsd-l with helping them to pull majors.  We can't guarantee =
that
of course, but clearly it does help - most handlers and active =
exhibitors
are members of the List, and so posts regarding upcoming shows =
definitely
does help to get their attention.  If you need help and support, put the
word out on the List - there are many people who will help if they =
realize
help is needed.

Re the Parent Club - the Board cares very much about the Regional Clubs,
recognizes that the health of the Regional Clubs is critical to the =
health
of the Parent Club, and that the health of both is critical to the =
Breed,
and does want to be supportive in any way we can.  Please let us know =
when
you need help and if you have particular needs or suggestions, please =
let us
know what they are.  We will do our absolute best to help.

Margery Golant