[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: How to keep a club from closing down

  • From: Doris E <irrenhaus4@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 10:02:56 -0800

Liane Fossland wrote:
>Hi Ileana and all,
>I do understand the problem clubs have. Just like you said most all of the
>clubs do. Lets just look at the SP Futurity for which I have been appointed
>chair person. I have put a request on the list for pledges. I have not
>received a single one. A guy just said he would talk with his club, don't
>even remember his name right now. I have sent out numerous letters to
>solicit for pledges. Zilch. The only time I got some response was at the
>National where I literally went to see each person and got the pledge right
>then and there. Even some of our own members are ignoring you. It's the
>apathy that you see everywhere you go. I am not doing this for myself, I am
>trying to make some money for our club, that's why I took this job.
>So, if the Futurity does not get any support you can imagine how the
>Specialties are struggling to make a go of it, or vice versa. I am really
>disappointed.
>Lee
>**

*Many years ago, we had a group of the show-giving clubs in the Western
US called the Western Regional Council of GSD Clubs.  As I recall, there
were six or seven clubs in the group.  For the futurities, and sometimes
the specialties, each clubs would contribute a class of trophies, and be
acknowledged in the catalog.  This was a really good thing, and I don't
know what happened to the idea.  Doris E*