[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Breeders do sell their good ones

  • From: Zoa Rockenstein <zrockenstein@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx, denwil2007@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 06:37:52 -0700 (PDT)

Hey, Illeana!  I would probably give you a good one!  But, that is because I
KNOW you would show and breed him/her properly.  Would I SELL the same dog to a
newbie?  NOT ON YOUR LIFE FOR ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY!  Just being honest.  I have
been in the boat of not being able to buy a good dog from top breeders and
spinning my wheels with so-so dogs for years, so I sympathize with those
newbies
who are struggling with this!  And I did, finally, have to breed my own!  If it
hadn't been for Bob Eaton selling me a decent brood bitch, I might still be
spinning my wheels.  But, now I see things from the other side.  Newbies have
understand that there may only be one or two top show prospects in a litter.
Breeders want to either keep those or put them with people who have a record of
finishing the dogs they buy.  This is both expensive and time consuming.  Too
many newbies give up.  Then, that top show prospect winds up not being shown
and
getting bred to Rex down the street.  I know it is a bit of a vicious cycle,
but
it is a difficult issue for all involved.  I had to stick around long enough
for
people to take me seriously, and that is just the way it is most of the time.

Zoa
Dr. Zoa Rockenstein
www.riverrockshepherds.com
Home of: Ch. RiverRock's Hotel California (Callie), RiverRock's Straight From
The Heart (Sera),
RiverRock's Karlotta v. Kenlyn (Karla), and RiverRock's Heart of the Matter
(Luke)