[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Breeders do sell their good ones

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: zrockenstein@xxxxxxxxx, denwil2007@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 20:07:50 EDT

well thank You!!   I'll be checking out your next Danni  litter....LOL

but seriously, I think that many times the problem is some people have
microwave mentality, they want things NOW.....and yes, sometimes the breeders
are cautious due to bad experiences....

it goes back to communication, commitment and trust.......

* Ileana  *
Inquest GSD's, Home of :
Sel AM CH & CAN CH Karizma's Cacique of  Inquest aka DEXTER
AM CH Kaleef's Allyson V Kenlyn aka ALLYSON
Kaleef's  Expensive Date (major pointed) aka JACKIE
Inquest Huckleberry Fun - That Hot  Black Dog aka HUCKS
and Bunny, aka Her Majesty, aka THE BOSS

In a message dated 7/9/2010 9:37:53 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
zrockenstein@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Hey, Illeana!  I would probably give you a good one!  But, that  is because
I KNOW you would show and breed him/her properly.  Would I  SELL the same
dog to a newbie?  NOT ON YOUR LIFE FOR ANY AMOUNT OF  MONEY!  Just being
honest.  I have been in the boat of not being  able to buy a good dog from top
breeders and spinning my wheels with  so-so dogs for years, so I sympathize
with those newbies who are struggling  with this!  And I did, finally, have
to breed my own!  If it hadn't  been for Bob Eaton selling me a decent brood
bitch, I might still be  spinning my wheels.  But, now I see things from the
other  side.  Newbies have to understand that there may only be one or two
top  show prospects in a litter.  Breeders want to either keep those or put
them with people who have a record of finishing the dogs they buy.   This
is both expensive and time consuming.  Too many newbies give  up.  Then, that
top show prospect winds up not being shown and getting  bred to Rex down
the street.  I know it is a bit of a vicious cycle,  but it is a difficult
issue for all involved.  I had to stick around long  enough for people to take
me seriously, and that is just the way it is most of  the time.

Zoa

Dr. Zoa Rockenstein
_www.riverrockshepherds.com_ (http://www.riverrockshepherds.com/)
Home of: Ch. RiverRock's Hotel California (Callie),  RiverRock's Straight
From The Heart (Sera),
RiverRock's Karlotta v. Kenlyn (Karla), and RiverRock's Heart of the
Matter (Luke)