[ SHOWGSD-L ] A compromise on selects

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 19:23:02 EDT

In a message dated 5/20/05 12:29:27 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
To my  knowledge rule came about because of Ed's number of
Selects..not who got  the selects..".

I seem to be in a candid mood, so let me say this. The problem was not how
many Selects were given, it was the comment Ed made after the show. He was
asked  why he gave so many, and he said, "What do I know. I had to take care of
my
 friends."

Those who do not know Ed took it to heart, and started a campaign to avoid
it happening that way. I have known Ed for a long time. This is just the sort
of  thing he would say, and should be taken with a grain of salt.  And, yes,
limiting Selects won't change a judge being dishonest, he will still find his
friends if he wants to.

I don't believe that is what Ed did, and I doubt any of those we elect will
do this.

And, I do agree with Christine, it is a knee jerk reaction to a problem  that
does not exist.

Not that the board has taken time to think about it, I do believe they will
find the solution or if they feel it is not a problem, fix the "cure".  We
have a group of smart people running this club, and even if a mistake is made
now and then, they work hard to do the right thing. I have great faith that
they  will do so in Denver. I am going to try to be there to watch.

I love it when a plan comes together.  Not that there is anything  wrong with
that.

Evan

_Asgard German Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament  come together