[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: A compromise on selects

  • From: DaniaKarloff@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 01:13:32 EDT

In a message dated 5/21/2005 9:05:29 PM Eastern Standard Time,
hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Ok..someone explain this to me..I thought the SG title was given to  young
dogs..that were not old enough to attain their SchH3..as you had to  have
the 3 to get a V rating. Also..I always equated our "select rating  with a V
rating..meaning the Select rating should be viewed as 'recommended  for
breeding...ie the dog could offer improvements to one's breeding  program.
Someone out there knows the answer to this..please explain..and  explain it
as if you were talking to a 6 year old!  C.Grainger

I am sure that someone with more knowledge than me will write and give all
the details.  I have only been to Germany twice and can't say that I
understood their whole show process. But this is my take......

They have a VA-1 who is like our Grand Victor - then they have a number of
VA dogs in number sequence (VA-2, VA-3, VA-4, etc.)- I equate these to our
select category and I do believe that they limit the VA ranking  to 10 animals.

This group is followed by the V dogs which are of  good quality/recommended
for breeding but not as good as the VA dogs.   There is no limit in the number
of V dogs.  Every dog shown is ranked in  numerical order and I do think they
have another category below the V  quality animals.

You are right that the SG titles are given to young dogs under two years of
age and who do not have the advanced performance degrees.

That is all I know.

Dania