[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: A compromise on selects

  • From: Peggy <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 22:50:19 -0400

They are "showcased" when they are exhibited.  Giving them a "courtesy"
title just because they are shown is silly.  Even sillier is that giving
them some kind of title might, according to the implications of your
post, make them more valuable in somebody's breeding program.
    I think what is happening is just that you might as well give some
kind of award to any special whose owner wants to enter it.
OK, fine...so why make them even show up, why not just let them be
entered, their names written in the catalog, and they can all be given
some kind of award.  This is ridiculous.  Every dog that gets a
Championship title does not deserve special recognition...
    Compromise?  Gee, why not do away with GV, GVX, WD, WB, and even
first place awards?  Why not give every German Shepherd Dog some
wonderful title...nothing special, everyone gets one.  Maybe the highest
award could be given to whomever wants to spend the most money?
    I'm with Christine...put it back where it was and leave it alone.
All this discussion is really stupid...that's the only word for it.
Peggy