[ScintillaNET] Re: Newbie - please help me get started

  • From: Todd Davis <toddhd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: scintillanet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 11:13:09 -0400

Mike - thanks for those code samples. I've used MyGeneration and I like it.
Those samples will help. I saw SyntaxEditor and was impressed with the
screenshots and features, and it probably is a better solution at the
moment. But I am independent developer, and everything I've released so far
has been for free, so I don't have the cash on hand to buy it right now.
(You and I have spoken on the DNN boards before).
 Garrett - I'm with ya man. My job duties have changed recently, and I am
swamped. All the open source stuff I was working on has fallen to the
wayside, and I don't even have time to respond to all the emails that flood
my box every day. Not much you can do about it sometimes. Now that I have
some time to get started again, I am, but I'm not "announcing" anything
publicy so that folks will leave me be until I actually get some progress
made on my projects. BTW, thanks for making this control. Considering that
it is the only free control of it its kind on the market, it means a lot to
me.

 On 10/14/05, mike.griffin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <
mike.griffin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> We are in the processing of writing MyGeneration 2.0 in VS2005 or .NET
> 2.0. We are switching to SyntaxEditor @
> http://www.actiprosoftware.com/Products/DotNet/SyntaxEditor/Default.aspx
>
> It's not free but we need more advanced features and a supported project.
> ScintillaNET has been great to us and we are very grateful that it was
> there for us.
>
> - Mike
>
> > Isn't the author working on a new version? Personally, I hate (yes, a
> > strong word, but its true) how the xml file is setup now. You have to
> > manually set the font and size for each and every definition (atleast
> > in PHP). There is no fallback of sorts to a higher "class", atleast
> > not in any obvious way.
> >
> > On 10/14/05, mike.griffin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > <mike.griffin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> Our application uses Scintilla.NET, see
> >> http://www.mygenerationsoftware.com
> >>
> >> Here is our ScintillaNET.XML file (it's pretty exhaustive)
> >> http://www.mygenerationsoftware.com/ScintillaNET.xml
> >>
> >> Here are the methods from our menu that control some things, you might
> >> find these of use:
> >>
> >> private void menuItemEndOfLine_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
> >> {
> >> // Toggle the state
> >> bool on = !this.scintillaTemplateCode.IsViewEOL;
> >> this.scintillaTemplateCode.IsViewEOL = on;
> >> this.menuItemEndOfLine.Checked = on;
> >> }
> >>
> >> private void menuItemWhitespace_Click(object sender, System.EventArgse)
> >> {
> >> // We reverse the state
> >> bool on = this.scintillaTemplateCode.ViewWS == 1 ? false : true;
> >> this.scintillaTemplateCode.ViewWS = on ? 1 : 0;
> >> this.menuItemWhitespace.Checked = on;
> >> }
> >>
> >> private void menuItemIndentation_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs
> >> e)
> >> {
> >> // Toggle the state
> >> bool on = !this.scintillaTemplateCode.IsIndentationGuides;
> >> this.scintillaTemplateCode.IsIndentationGuides = on;
> >> this.menuItemIndentation.Checked = on;
> >> }
> >>
> >> private void menuItemLineNumbers_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs
> >> e)
> >> {
> >> bool lineNumbersEnabled = !this.menuItemLineNumbers.Checked;
> >>
> >> if (lineNumbersEnabled)
> >> {
> >> this.scintillaTemplateCode.SetMarginWidthN(0, 40);
> >> }
> >> else
> >> {
> >> this.scintillaTemplateCode.SetMarginWidthN(0, 0);
> >> }
> >>
> >> this.menuItemLineNumbers.Checked = lineNumbersEnabled;
> >>
> >> }
> >>
> >> private void menuItemZoomIn_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
> >> {
> >> this.scintillaTemplateCode.ZoomIn();
> >> }

> [...]

-Todd Davis