[ScintillaNET] Found a small bug...

  • From: Todd Davis <toddhd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: scintillanet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 14:31:48 -0400

Hi all,
I found a small bug in the control. In the ScintillaNET.xml file, if you
look in the <keyword-class name="VB.Net"> section you will see all the
keywords that VB.Net uses. Among these is "me" and "mybase". However, when I
look at VB code that uses these keywords, they do not highlight.
 It seems to me that the ScintillaNET control is looking for a keyword
surrounded by whitespace. Since "me" and "mybase" are always used as part of
a longer declaration (i.e. Me.MyControlName.Text = SomeValue) it doesn't
highlight. I tried changing the keyword to "me.", but again, because there
is no whitespace, it doesn't work.
 I'm not sure off the top off my head how to approach this - obviously, if
you remove the whitespace requirement, then it would pick up any instance of
"me", such as:
 Dim s as String = SoMEvalue
 Perhaps, if using Regular expressions to grab the keywords (I haven't
looked at the code, I am just assuming it is) we can check for either
whitespace OR a "." - I think that would safely solve the issue?

--
-Todd Davis
www.SeaburyDesign.com <http://www.SeaburyDesign.com>