[sarcmembers] Re: SARC Tower and Dish move...

  • From: Paul Andreasen <pandreasen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sarcmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 14:47:20 -0700

George,
Close, but no ceegar!! It is a KFIR F-21, made from the Mirage 5 setup. I know one little letter isn't much, but "KFIR" actually means "Lion Cub" in Hebrew. "Kafir" on the other hand, would have been even better for an Isreali aircraft! It is Farsi (you know, the language most spoken by the guys that Hate Isreal???) for "INFIDEL", or Non-Believer !!!! (Have a T-Shirt with that on it, sent to me by KK9MM because I spent so many years in Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc) (can't reproduce the Farsi characters on this keyboard! I will have to wear the shirt to a meeting!) Good thing it is a US company! If you called it a Kafir to an Arab pilot, we would miss you at the meetings, as it is both a racial, ethnic and religious slur that demands punishment (usually death, as that's all they can figure out) !

Paul Andreasen, K1JAN
Emacs!
Here is one (an original C model, I think) at Fallon AFS, Nevada, where I once spent some TDY time.

At 10:25 PM 5/12/2009, you wrote:
avery, very close, it is a kafir made in isreal built after the mirage. my client, atac usa, of newport news, va. operates 7 of these on a navy master contract for target tow, jamming, and threat simulation. i equipped all of these aircraft with colllins arc-159 uhf radios , colllins arn-118 tacans, and hazeltine apx-72 transponders.
atac bought in addition the garmin 530
gps/vhf nav and com systems. an isreali team is located in va. maintains these aircraft for jeff parker, pres atac usa. jeff is usaf academy grad 1980 and f-16 pilot. he selected the kafir because it will out turn an f-16 and can do mach II as well as be purchased used from isreal for about $200,000 much less than the f-16 which are not yet in civilian hands. he says it turns like it is on rails. note the canard wing on the front of the aircraft the ground crew are young ex-usaf kids both male and female who work for atac usa.

santa barbara, ca   web page is
www.balanceindustries.com for my company cell 818-370-9407

JPEG image