[sarcmembers] Re: SARC Tower and Dish move...

  • From: "John Maetta" <j.maetta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sarcmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 09:10:13 -0700

I agree with John P.'s assessment and propose the following:

In an effort to get the SARC on the 6 meter band, I will donate a 5 element
50MHz yagi to install on the portable roof tower. Along with that, I will
donate a Cushcraft 13B2 144MHz yagi for the portable roof tower.

We can troubleshoot the log periodic at our leisure, and reinstall it if
decided.

I will have a day or so over the Memorial Day weekend and will try to get the
two antennas (50Mhz and 144MHz) mounted and tested.  Hopefully, I can have it
ready and use the station on 50MHz during the June VHF contest. If someone has
a 220Mhz yagi, now would be a good time to get it mounted too.

Does the SARC have enough 9913 or equivalent to make another run or two up to
the portable tower?  Is the radio room penetration have enough room for another
coax or two?

In addition, we noted that SARC's the horizontal 144MHz, on coax 'B' exhibited
2.5:1 SWR at 144.200MHz. Something else to troubleshoot in the future.

73

John