Re: __cerror

  • From: Antti Kantee <pooka@xxxxxx>
  • To: rumpkernel-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2015 20:53:28 +0000

On 09/07/15 20:43, Robert Gifford wrote:

I'm getting the undefined symbol before doing anything related to the new
platform. I am in the early steps of porting rump kernels over and as of
right now, nothing within the rump kernel (neither the application layer
nor the hypercall interface) are calling anything from the new platform.

I can reproduce the undefined symbol simply by following my current tool
chain for any of my applications. Rumprun-bmk-cc -> rumpbake. The output of
rumpbake is what has the undefined symbol __cerror. This does not prevent
the applicaiton from running. The apps work fine. It is just if I tried to
link these with some other code base it will then yell at me.

Repeating the problem is easy for me, I just tested it a couple times and
it is still there. I can't think of anything too relevant to share as it
seems to be just the generic tool chain that is producing it.

Oh ic, if you look at the binary with nm you see "U __cerror". It really helps to just copypaste the exact commands. I was thinking that rumpbake was printing an error related to __cerror. Yes I can repeat it now.