Re: __cerror

  • From: Justin Cormack <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Robert Gifford <robertgif@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2015 19:24:04 +0100

On 9 July 2015 at 19:15, Robert Gifford <robertgif@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Afternoon everyone,

After baking my applications with rumpbake I am getting an undefined symbol
__cerror. This symbol does not prevent the application from being executed
with rumprun and from what I can tell, rumprun does not link in anything
that would satisfy that undefined function.

I have not updated to the latest tool chain patches that have been discussed
recently, so I have not tested to see if that would fix it.

I noticed this symbol when trying to link together my rumpbaked application
with some booter code from a platform I'm attempting to support. The linking
process was yelling at me about this undefined symbol.

Does anyone know of a rump component that defines this functions?

There needs to be a stub for it, at least for x86 and most
architectures it doesnt need to do anything; I put in a stub for
frankenlibc so must have run into something that pulled it in, but
didnt add one for rumprun yet....

Justin