Re: __cerror

  • From: Antti Kantee <pooka@xxxxxx>
  • To: rumpkernel-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2015 18:26:03 +0000

On 09/07/15 18:15, Robert Gifford wrote:

Afternoon everyone,

After baking my applications with rumpbake I am getting an undefined symbol
__cerror. This symbol *does not* prevent the application from being
executed with rumprun and from what I can tell, rumprun does not link in
anything that would satisfy that undefined function.

I have not updated to the latest tool chain patches that have been
discussed recently, so I have not tested to see if that would fix it.

I noticed this symbol when trying to link together my rumpbaked application
with some booter code from a platform I'm attempting to support. The
linking process was yelling at me about this undefined symbol.

Does anyone know of a rump component that defines this functions?

There is none. __cerror is a snippet of assembly used by NetBSD's libc to store the error number from a system call into errno. Rump kernels use a different system call method, and there is no __cerror.

In any case, __cerror should be system-internal, and no outside-of-libc code should be using it.

Hmm, apparently there are a few routines in the libc we ship which try to use __cerror. Are you by chance building something which calls resumecontext()?