[rollei_list] Re: [rollei_list]

  • From: chatanooga@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 11:57:54 +0000

Hi Marvin
I have both the Mamiya 6 and a Rollei (FX) as well. I find the former a
little clunky looking but unbelievably ergonomic/ easy to handle. Allied
with the 'silent' shutter and fast rangefinder focusing it's quite
something. Re lense performance wrt the Rollei, eyeballing 4000dpi scans I
see really no difference at the image centre. However the Mamiya has
noticeable vignetting especially apparent under velvia skies, something I've
never noticed with the Rollei. I also find the averaging meter not as useful
as the Rollei's heavily centre-weighted scheme.
But do tell us where 'the Plannar leaves it for dust'!
Chat