[rollei_list] Re: [rollei_list]

  • From: Peter J Nebergall <iusar4s@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 11:20:03 -0600

I have a standard with a Tessar, and this one is Carl Zeiss Jena.  The
automat's lens is just Carl Zeiss.  The Automat looks like it had been
re-lensed -- the coated Tessar = uncoated viewing lens suggests... and
note, my slightly newer Automat with Opton Tessar has a coated viewing
lens.  Also the mystery Tessar is scratch-free-- and the camera body is a
beater...

Did CZ start a new lens # series?  My std's Tessar is # CZJ 1818256 --
uncoated...

The 1930s f3.5s are narrower and uncoated.  This is dimensionally similar
to the lens in my Cord Vb.  Again it is a CZ, not a CZJ or ZO tessar.
PJ Nebergall