[rollei_list] Re: Hearing Aid Batteries in Nikon F

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 04:03:47 -0500

At 02:50 AM 3/3/2010, you wrote:

>     I am not sure whether silver oxide cells have as flat a
>voltage characteristic as zinc air cells. It is the
>constancy of voltage which is important.

Well, yes and no. In VERY general terms, European cameras used a voltage regulation circuit -- camera folks often use the term, "compensated circuitry" -- while Jap cameras relied on the known abilities of the mercury cell. But then, what level of accuracy are you seeking? Bob Shell insisted on 1/6 stop accuracy, just before he went over to the Dark Side of digital.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!