[rollei_list] Re: new Zeiss Ikon - a hollow construct?

  • From: Jan Decher <Jan.Decher@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 10:36:20 -0500

Mark,
This is just as extreme a response as Carlos' .
Just try to get parts from Leica for a Leica M5 or CL, not to mention older SM Leicas. I doubt the M8 or M9 will still be supported in 10 years. Hopefully M6/M7/MP will.

I started this discussion because
a) I wanted to express my appreciation that a Zeiss-designed RF (and SLR) gear is available again at "reasonable" prices for those of us who like to use Biogons, Sonnars, Distagons and Tele Tessars and are simply stunned by current Leica pricing.
b) I was tired of the endless automobile discussions on this list ;-)

Jan

The Cosina ZM is a here today gone tomorrow piece of junk you wont be able
to get parts for the day after tomorrow.
I'm not going to even refer to it as a Zeiss Ikon.
Mark William Rabiner