[rollei_list] Re: new Zeiss Ikon- a hollow construct?

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 14:24:48 -0300

Frank, there is a very large difference between a digital camera body
and a high quality mechanical camera body, the digital camera is a
group of electric circuits  made by machines, the high quality
mechanical camera is direct human work, it requires craftmanship, the
mechanical camera has something that the digital camera never had, has
or will have, a human heart.
BTW, a very fine mechanical camera like the Zeiss Ikon RF that you
could use for 1000 years costs about U$S 950 at B&H NYC, the true
scandal is the high end digital cameras price.-

Carlos