[rollei_list] Re: OT Re: new Zeiss Ikon- a hollow construct?

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 13:17:50 -0300

Hi Austin:
                Only because I initially commented a wish, a thought
about to buy certain camera and explained the reasons on my preference
_without any comment against Leica, I did write I liked Leica_  except
for the price in a second or third message, that wish was attacked
fiercely, in fact my original post was a light answer to Hauke to
quote two URLs on the ZI camera. Those unjust attacks provoked a
reaction and I wrote what I wrote but even for that situation I also
wrote on the deserved respect for Leica due to its position in the
photography history.

This is a Rollei list, I'm a Rollei MF shooter mainly despite I also
like some 35mm cameras (and despite I consider my P&S digital camera
was and is a very valuable tool to copy certain documents),  from this
point of view I don't understand why you are comparing Rollei MF
cameras (if you were talking about them) with Leica or any other 35mm
camera, they are different formats very clearly, you could compare the
Leica with the Rollei 35 or the Rollei 35 RF, a true Bessa copy.  I
replied to Frank I never used the word "superior" or "superiority" .
Carlos