[rollei_list] Re: OT Re: new Zeiss Ikon- a hollow construct?

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 14:12:27 -0300

Austin, it's obvious the Rolleiflex is a better camera than others to
me, otherwise I wouldn't be a Rollei user, but it's better for my
photography, for the way I see the photography as activity, there are
better cameras if you need to capture a lyon hunting in the Kalahari,
a SLR film or digital is the best tool for that task.

A Rollei 35 with a Sonnar 2.8 lens is as capable as any Leica to take
an excellent photograph and even an unreliable Rollei SL 35 with a
Planar Zeiss lens can take images from the highest quality if working
right, but it does not mean that the Leica is not a very good camera
Carlos

2009/11/9 Austin Franklin <austin.franklin@xxxxxxxxxxx>:>
I would never even imaging comparing the Leica M series to any of the Rollei
 35mm cameras.  That would be like comparing Rollei TLRs to Seagull TLRs IMO,