[rollei_list] Re: OT Re: new Zeiss Ikon- a hollow construct?

  • From: Frank Dernie <Frank.Dernie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 06:28:36 +0000

I used an M6 for many years (until I went digital), I was impressed with the marketing b*llshit of the Zeiss Ikon too, until I handled one. It is a Bessa with modified styling tinwork and a longer rangefinder base, IMO purely for marketing. There are a few "styling clues" to make the unwary think there is a family relationship in something other than styling. It is absolutely -nothing- like a Contax. I used a Contax II for quite a long time but do not like the handling. I still use a Contarex with film.

Frank

On 8 Nov, 2009, at 22:39, CarlosMFreaza wrote:

That is not a valid comparison Frank since the Zeiss Ikon is at least
as good as the Leica M6 and with some better features for the shooter;
BTW, I know very well the Leica user or collector needs to justify the
investment, and then I prefer to stop this topic here.-